Code of Conduct
Studio 8 Code of Conduct
Dance class is education and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at Studio 8 Dance will be a pleasure for all concerned.
Studio 8 holds the right to refuse service to any student for any reason.
Waiting Area’s: Please note that the lobby is made available for the convenience of our students and their families.
- Students are expected to
- Dancers and visitors are expected to pick up after themselves. Please keep the bathrooms, dressing room, waiting areas, and classrooms neat and clean and free of garbage and crumbs.
- Please do not move furniture or let children stand on furniture.
- Please do not put hands on mirrors or windows.
- If you use our books and magazines, we would appreciate it if you would return them to their place.
- Children must be supervised at all times and are not free to run around the lobby, classroom areas or outside.
- There will be no rough-housing, loud voices or running in the building.
- Siblings, students and parents are not allowed in the studios when classes are not being conducted.
Student Drop off and pick up:
- Students must always be accompanied by a parent or caregiver. Do not leave your child unsupervised before or after class begins.
- Parents: please park and walk your child to and from class.
- Students should come to class in their dress code attire and ready for class.
- (except 3:30pm classes).
- Students should wear clothing over their dancewear to and from the studio.
- Do not arrive more than 15 minutes prior to your class time.
- Parents please return 5 minutes before class ends to pick up your child.
- Studio 8 is not responsible for students before or after class time.
- Dancers are expected to wait in the building for their rides
- Parents, please pick up your children on time. Late pick up fee’s will apply.
- For the best learning environment parents must wait outside the dance classroom. Parents are invited into the classroom to observe class on Parent Observation weeks.
- No strollers on the dance floor
- No photos or videos can be taken on Studio 8 premise without the teachers permission.
- Refrain from bringing pets into the building.
- Please do not dispose of dirty diapers inside the school. Large trash cans outside the studio are better suited for such disposal.
- Parents should never interrupt a class in session.
- Parents if you wish to go to the Studio 8 store/office and there is a class in session. Please enter from the opposite side of the building. If door is locked (at 5pm) please ring the doorbell.
- All students must show respect for their teachers and fellow students at all times.
- Attitudes that are disrespectful, uncooperative are not tolerated. Any parent or student exhibiting these attitudes will be asked to leave.
- Only students with commendable attendance records will be permitted to participate in the Spotlight Showcase.
- Never speak negatively about teachers, students, or parents from Studio 8 or other schools.
- All students are expected to be well-behaved, courteous, honest, and to abide by the rules of Studio 8.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts.
- Please clap for your teacher at the end of class. This shows respect and tells your teacher Thank you!
- Student Classroom Rules
- Please wait inside hallway or lobby the dance room and wait until the instructor welcomes you in the room.
- Students should never interrupt a class in session. No walking through studios to go to bathroom or store when class is in session.This must be done in between classes, unless it is an emergency.
- Abide by the dress code.
- There will be no hanging, playing, sitting, or climbing on either the wall barres or center barres.
- Students will not sit on the floor or lean on the barres during class.
- No running.
- Hair up and away from face.
- No gymnastics without teachers permission.
- During class, students are expected to listen closely when an instructor is correcting another student so that they may also learn from the correction.
- Students will not talk during class and will raise their hands to be called on.
- No jewelry.
- No cell phones or computers may be used during class time. All cell phones must be turned off during class and should not be visible.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building. No street shoes on the dance floor.
- No food, drinks, or gum inside the classroom. Water ok.
- Dancers should use the restroom before class.
- When dancing be aware of others dancers and make sure you stay out of their path of travel.
- Late students miss the proper warm-up and/or barre time and therefore may sustain injury. Students who arrive more than 10 minutes late may be asked to observe class for reasons of personal safety.